GENERAL SUMMARY:The Banking Center Manager leads a Banking Center or Centers with a focus on providing leadership, delivering exceptional customer service, business development, and community relations. Responsibilities include: exercising sound judgment; guiding Banking Center team in delivering outstanding customer service; coaching, directing and developing staff; establishing and achieving growth goals; ensuring operational efficiencies; lending; operations; administration of the facility, equipment and budget.
Leadership and Staff Supervision
* Actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank's products and services. * Clearly communicates productivity and performance standards to all branch personnel. * Ensures effective communication to staff and implementation of all policies and procedures. * Plays a positive role in the development and growth of staff. * Responsible for managing employee performance including ongoing performance feedback and preparation of appropriate documentation. * Interviews and selects candidates for employment. * Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations. * Adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
* Engages in leading and inspiring the Banking Center team in delivering exceptional customer service and financial guidance to customers. * Develops staff in role of trusted financial advisor. * Follows the Cape Cod 5 customer service standards to ensure the Banking Center team provides outstanding service to all new, existing and potential customers * Resolves complex internal and external issues in a timely manner.
Business Development and Community Relations
* Establishes and meets business development goals for the Banking Center in line with the organization's corporate goals. * Focuses on developing commercial and retail prospects and building on existing customer relationships. * Actively participates in centers of influence such as chambers of commerce and business and industry associations. Regularly attends organizations' meetings and develops/builds a referral and potential customer network. * Participates in civic and community organizations that benefit the local communities.
Banking Center Operations
* Ensures that the physical control and daily accounting of cash, checks, and other items of value is properly administered. * Ensures satisfactory audit results through compliance with established policies and procedures. * Identifies areas for improved workflow efficiencies. * Maintains proper Banking Center security. * Responsible for the day to day appearance and maintenance of the Banking Center. * Participates in establishing and managing the Banking Center budget.
* Bachelor's Degree * Registered Para Planner designation preferred * Notary Public * Medallion Signature Guarantee * National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Four or more years of progressively responsible management experience in retail banking or a financial institution * Thorough knowledge of Bank products and services * Consumer and small business lending origination experience required * Excellent business development, customer service, and problem solving skills * Effective training, coaching and mentoring skills * Commitment to continuing education * Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures * Ability to resolve complex problems * Computer literate, ability to quickly learn, promote and train to new programs and channels (mobile, digital, online) * Ability to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings, evenings, and Saturdays at the Banking Center and community events * Must have cyber security awareness to protect the digital environment, the Bank, and customers
* Management Courage/Command Skills * Leadership/Coaching/Development * Business Acumen * Culture/Guest/Customer Service Ambassador * Sound Judgment * Delegation * Technology Enthusiast/Early Adopter * Problem Solving * Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills * Critical Thinking Skills * Financial Comprehension * Learning Agility
Associated topics: associate director, chief financial officer, controller, finance director, general manager, manage, recruit, senior director, staff, vice president
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.