About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
Information on our facilities is available at www.covanta.com/Covanta-Map . For career opportunities, visit www.covanta.com/Careers . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The IT Functional Lead is responsible for the continuity of enterprise applications and the related business processes from a functional perspective. This person should have a detailed-level understanding of the applications/modules, the integration between these modules and key processes within the modules.
Primary responsibilities include the detailed knowledge of enterprise business systems and business processes as to provide guidance and leadership in the development and functional use of these systems. This person will play an integral part of the business by working closely with business areas, IT Strategic Business Solutions and the IT technical team in both development and support of the systems. The understanding of the end-to-end business process is essential.
- Participate in the improvement of business processes. In particular the Procure-to-Pay process with emphasis on procurement, from work orders to purchase orders, supplier management, electronic catalogs and strategic sourcing.
- Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects.
- Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage. Monitor progress to assure deadlines and standards are met.
- Work on IT Enterprise Application related projects including upgrades, enhancements and integrations.
- Accountable for requirements gathering, creating functional specifications, application configuration, conduct system testing, assisting users to create user acceptance test (UAT) test scripts and support UAT.
- Provide guidance and hands-on functional assistance to the technical team members to provide the best solution and meet task/project deadlines.
- Support enterprise applications maintaining, investigating and resolving production issues.
- 8+ years of direct Procurement implementation / support / upgrade experience is required.
- A complete in-depth understanding of the procurement/supply chain process. Operations and construction project management a plus.
- Experience facilitating design, setup, and configuration of Purchasing and other supply chain modules is required.
- Ability to lead workshops, including the gathering/documenting of requirements and use-cases and recommendation of envisioned processes is required.
- Assist business to define reporting needs, design reports and maintain in-house knowledge base, as well as manage change control.
- Ability to assess functional and technical gaps in designs is required.
- Experience with training and supporting end users with the IT enterprise applications are required.
- Experience in supporting enterprise applications maintaining, investigating and resolving production issues for SCM (Supply Chain Management).
- Preferred knowledge a plus in:
- PeopleSoft 9.2 Supply Chain Management modules (Procurement).
- Automated testing tools PeopleSoft Testing Framework (PTF)
(Internal Code: *LI-COV)
Associated topics: equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, technician