May Institute is an award-winning nonprofit organization that provides educational, rehabilitative, and behavioral healthcare services to individuals with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities, brain injury, and behavioral health needs.
We are looking for Direct Care Professionals to work with individuals with autism and developmental disabilities in one of our many residential or day habilitation programs. We offer a variety of different schedules, exciting career paths, an excellent benefits package, and an opportunity to engage in life changing work.
Our aMAYzing benefits include: generous paid time off policies, ongoing training and education, tuition or student loan forgiveness programs, a robust benefits program, and a diverse workforce dedicated to respect and open communication throughout the company.
Join our team and see what it means to truly BE aMAYzing
Do you love all that Cape Cod summers have to offer?
Do you enjoy helping others?
Are you looking for year- round employment that is still exciting even during the off-season?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then May Institute wants you!
We are hiring Direct Support Professionals to work with individuals with Autism and Developmental Disabilities in one of our programs across Cape Cod. This position pays $15.50/ hour and offers growth opportunities and an excellent benefits package!
May Institute is an award-winning nonprofit organization that provides educational, rehabilitative, and behavioral healthcare services to individuals with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities, brain injury, and behavioral health needs. Our mission is to understand each person's unique needs and find effective means to help each individual reach his or her potential and live as independently as possible. Since 1955, we have worked with thousands of children and adults, shaping futures and changing lives every day for the individuals we serve.
* Provide direct instruction and support to residents with vocational tasks * Teach skill development and community integration * Assist individuals with activities of daily living (ADLs) such as toileting, bathing and assisting with nutritional needs * Assist in behavioral interventions * Participate in the development of Individualized Service Plan (ISP) objectives and document consumer progress * Dispense medications
* High School diploma or equivalent * Strong verbal and written communication skills * Valid Driver's License and 2 years' driving experience * Previous human services, behavioral or medical experience strongly preferred
* Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance * 403(b) with Employer Contribution * Tuition Reimbursement * Student Loan Forgiveness * Generous Paid Time Off * Multiple Training and Certification Opportunities * Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending
IND11 Keywords: may institute direct support direct care residential counselor paraprofessional autism developmental disabilities special needs mental health psychology
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.
* Pay Type Hourly * May Institute Inc., Centerville, Massachusetts, Centerville, Massachusetts, United States of America
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.